Музыкальность - Double Time
- Имя исполнителя:
- Momo Smitt
- Название песни:
- Here In The Music
- Название альбома:
- Tango World
- Сайт исполнителя:
From website: My Name is Momo Smitt, I am an independently funded/promoted hip hop artist based in Portland, OR. My music covers a wide range of topics from recovery and personal growth to political and environmental issues. Though much of my music is expressed from a first person perspective of opinions and feelings, I also tend to take a narrative, story-telling approach while detailing my experiences through the role of "observer".
- One common way of interpreting the music is to do double time.
- So, for example, instead of doing walking every other beat,
- Sometimes you'll get excited,
- And you'll do a double time where you step twice as fast.
- We've taught this in milonga, as well. And in milonga, it's very tight. So, for example, if we do a rocking combination,
- In milonga, it would be more like this, where it's very tight. And in tango, especially a slow tango...
- And, because it's a little bit slower, the steps are also a little bit longer than they would be in milonga.
- So, you'd go step, a quick, quick, quick, quick, through, for example.
- But this can be applied in a lot of different things.
- You do a right foot basic.
- A quick, quick, slow, for example.
- Or, maybe you'll go, slow, a quick, quick, slow.
- N: Lot of people do a fast there.
D: Right, right.
N: Which is not one of my favorite places to do a fast.
- And, really, I think half of the trick is not to get hitched up.
- What happens is in your mind you think, "Oh, I'm going to do a fast".
- And you get tense, and then you go super fast. And it's, sort of, jerky.
- And it's outside the music.
- So, if you listen. Da-da-da-da, da-da-dam. Then there's really quick, quick, slow. Quick, quick, slow.
- There's all of that time.
- What we want in double time is for the ends of each of the movements to be really clear.
- D: Thank you.
- So, if you're sort of blurry, if you go, quick, quick, slow, that's less good, then you have a... Quick. Quick. Slow.
- Show a quick, quick, slow that's blurry. Can you?
- D: I'm not sure I can.
N: Yeah, maybe not.
- D: Do you want me to try?
- This is trying to show a blurry quick, quick, slow. If it doesn't work, we tried.
- Yeah, it's pretty good. Now, show what we want.
- N: Can you see how crisp the ends of each of his quicks are?
D: Ba. Ba. Ba.
- So, they arrive and there's that little moment of clear end before he starts the next one.
- In the one, the second one he did, which is the right one.
- Super slow. Freeze-frame, almost.