Kookie Crosses - Int - Push Cross
- Имя исполнителя:
- Alex Krebs
- Название песни:
- El Viejo Amor (Old School)
- Название альбома:
- New York Tango Jam Session
- Сайт исполнителя:
From website: (Alex Krebs) Has been studying the bandoneon since May 2001, directed the tango band "Conjunto Berretin." (with 2 CD's recorded) from 2003-2008, and currently is arranging/directing a tango sextet and arranging/directing an Orquesta Tipica for the Portland Tango Festivals in Feb. and Oct.
- So this is a push cross:
I'm pushing with my thigh to get her to cross.
- And for the leader, I don't want you to do
anything weird with your body.
- So you'll see guys and they'll
kick the ladies with their legs...
- ..as if that's what's going
to cause her to cross.
- And I want it to be clear,
that it's not the kick of the leg,...
- ..it's the shift of the weight.
- Well, and the other side of that is,
is that it's hard for men to...
- ..do this, to walk straight
into a woman's leg like that.
- So if you watch my right leg, I'm not bending my knee.
I'm just shifting my weight over it.
- And that's what causes her to cross.
- Breaking it down though.
I'm getting into the nitty gritty before...
- ..I've gotten into the microscopic.
- Side, he changes. But as I change, it's not...
- .. left, side, I change and take a small step over...
- ..or, as I go side, I rotate her - actually this is what I really do.
- I'll pivot to my left, so she steps bigger than me.
- That way, when I step forward, I'm on her right side.
- From this angle.
- You'll see she out steps me and that happens
because I rotate to my left.
- But then I step a little bit back into his path.
- Because I'm rotating a little to my right.
- D: And then a little to my right...
N: And then I step a lot back into his path.
- And that's it. That let's him do the push cross.
- Is there a way to show that in that foot camera?
- What is it you want me to show?
- The way, the action of the cross.
- No, it's cutting too low.
They won't see any of the thigh.
- Okay. You're right. I knew that.
- It was obvious, right.
- So new angle or old new angle.
- I turn to my left, then the slow turn to my right
to get her to into my path.
- Here, as I shift, that pushes her thigh over into a cross.
I let her shift over the ball of her left foot.
- And then when I cross, there is this little bitty pivot...
- ..to straighten me out in front of him again.
- So when I end up crossing,
I'm a little bit facing 'that' way.
- And there's a little bit of pivot.
- Let's see. Let's do it from this angle.
- Now I'm here and then there's this little pivot
to straighten me in front of him before we step out.