Media Vuelta - Intermediate - Trading Vueltas
- Song Titel:
- Album Titel:
- Kunstenaars Website:
From the artist's website: Lunfardia's members hail from Ireland and Argentina and perform a vibrant mix of new compositions and traditional song and dance music from Latin American countries. This fresh, dynamic and highly versatile quintet explores the classical, folk and jazz backgrounds of its musicians in exhilarating and virtuosic arrangements always building on the rhythms of South America.
- Media vuelta is one of my favorite...
- ..sort of intermediate/ basic
- And this that David created, let's us
trade vueltas back and forth...
- ..and we can do them as many times as we want.
- And so there's this time when the couples are so together
during the pivot which is wonderful.
- And it just comes over and over and over,
which is even more wonderful.
- And actually what is happening is,
I'm doing her part and then she does mine.
- N: I'm doing my part, then he does my part.
D: Except -
- Depends on your point of view.
- So we start with a normal media vuelta...
- And right here; pivot, first step back.
- So, all that's normal. And actually
lets scoot over more so that we...
- One more time, so it's more
- Now right here...
- ..I'm going to hold her back,
just a hair...
- ..so that she doesn't collect her feet.
- And I'm going to hold in and down to keep her
planted in place as I go around her.
- And then we pivot together.
- And that planting her in and down,
is really important because...
- ..she may not be expecting you to do this.
- So one more time from the
end of the media vuelta.
- We take a step, I hold her in and down.
- I go around, I go around.
Now right here...
- ..to get her to pivot, I have to push off
of my right foot.
- So I really give myself some -
I'm going to call it...
- ..power, some momentum.
- So that I can pivot not only myself but her.
So watch my right foot, right here.
- And so it's that push of the right foot...
- ..that gets us both around.
- And that leaves me in this position,
which is the beginning position...
- ..for another media vuelta, if he wants one.
- So you end where you started,
after him then her.
- N: One pair.
D: One Pair, yes.
- One half...
- ..the other half.
- And then right here...
- D: ..we're right where we started.
N: We could do it again.