Diepe gedachten - The One Thing You Need To Learn To Dance
- Narisco Saul
- Song Titel:
- Album Titel:
- No Tango
- Kunstenaars Website:
From website - loosely translated: Born in Buenos Aires on June 21, 1957. He began studying music in 1965 starting with the piano and later dedicated to the electric guitar. In 1975 he began to study classical guitar and harmony and in 1977 entered the Juan José Castro Provincial Conservatory, having as teachers Enrique Belloc, Graciela Pomponio, and Pedro Miguel Angel Girollet Chiambaretta among others. Graduated in 1985 with the title of Senior Lecturer of Guitar. Since 1978 works in popular music. In 1979 he began studying jazz with guitarist Mario Andreola. Since 1980 he is professor at the Universidad del Salvador, (Faculty of Music Therapy) and since 1988 the Conservatorio Municipal Manuel de Falla.
- Teachers talk an awful a lot about
talent to students.
- And, I think, by that they mean...
- ..a God given ability to quickly learn steps
and get rhythm.
- It’s not so common that they talk
- But, as teachers, we would tremendously
prefer a student with heart…
- ..who has no talent whatsoever,
to a student with tons of talent…
- ..who has no heart.
- I define heart as: heart's the strong desire
to achieve excellence…
- ..and the willingness to give whatever effort
it takes to get there.
- And, actually, if you look at the performance videos,
look at Jessica.
- She is an absolutely spectacular dancer,
and she has no talent whatsoever.
- She’d be the first to tell you that.
- I hear her say it all the time.
- What she has is enormous heart.
- She’s willing to work and work and understand
until she achieves excellence.
- Look at David.
David is an awesomely beautiful dancer.
- He had no talent when he started.
- And I have witnesses because nobody believes that, now.
- But we were ruthless about choosing
- ..and then he worked and he worked.
- ..until we made, together,...
- ..what you see when you see him move, now.
- The reason I think this is important is
because it means that…
- ..anybody who really wants to dance can dance.
- You don’t need to have this mystical magical thing.
- What you need to do is want it really badly.
- I think that that’s the single most important thing.
- And it will serve you in all of your life.
- If you learn to want something really badly
and put a lot of effort into it…
- ..really, that's one of the strongest
- Thank you.