Classes cancelled April 7th (Traveling to see the eclipse :). Classes cancelled April 21st (Tucson Tango Festival). ×
Log masuk

When Less is More

• 22 Sep '15

Some random quotes about simplicity:

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, French aristocrat, writer, poet, and pioneering aviator. Best known as the author of the novella The Little Prince.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.
Albert Einstein

That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
Steve Jobs

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Leonardo da Vinci

I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.
Yves Saint Laurent

Elegance is achieved when all that is superfluous has been discarded and the human being discovers simplicity and concentration: the simpler and more sober the posture, the more beautiful it will be.
Paulo Coelho

Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.
Isaac Newton

Simplicity makes me happy.
Alicia Keys

I like simplicity; I don't need luxury.
Francis Ford Coppola

Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Nancy SolanoNancy Solano
  • 25 Sep '15

They say a great sculptor sculpts an elephant by taking away everything that isn't elephant. I think paring a body of knowledge or a series of movements down to their most essential elements creates something elegant. And, in so doing, we clarify our understanding of that knowledge or movement.

dwyliuDavid Liu
  • 25 Sep '15

Some quotes on my list of quotes about Simplicity :):

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Art is the elimination of the unnecessary - Pablo Picasso

The more technique you have, the less you have to worry about it. The more technique there is, the less there is. - Pablo Picasso

• Page 1 of 1