Classes cancelled April 7th (Traveling to see the eclipse :). Classes cancelled April 21st (Tucson Tango Festival). ×
Log masuk

Ask Doctor T

• 30 Sep '15

The Doctor is in; I received this note from a follower in Tempe:

Dear Dr.T:
I see these posts on LearntoDanceTango.com, and I want to respond. I’m just too shy. I’m afraid people will think I’m a dork, and won’t want to dance with me. What should I do Doctor T?
Timid in Tempe

Dear Timid:
The doctor is aware of this timidity issue – I couldn’t like it less. As I write this I am perched high above the Phoenix skyline in my ostentatious medical facility. Periodically my smartly dressed receptionist peers around the door to tell me doctor so-and-so is on line three from Berlin, Vienna, or Buenos Aires, asking my advice on some psy-tango issue. The walls of my office are paneled with exotic Brazilian hardwood, transported down from high in the Andes Mountains by virgin llamas. My walls are covered with framed degrees from Ivy League schools and Universities in European capitals. I’m wearing a crisply starched white lab coat with “Dr. T” embroidered on the breast pocket. I am clearly the preeminent expert Tangologist, and I have all the trappings to prove it. In my learned and expert opinion, I can say without hesitation that you should not be concerned about being thought of as a dork. In medical circles we might say, “It’s too late to close the barn door on that issue. That ship has sailed. The rooster has come home to roost.” I’ve never even met you, but I theorize you may even be a dweeb or goober too. Why would you not want to post on the board of your tango community? Obviously you’ve had some traumatic childhood experience that left you with some type of pulsating miasma of fear and loathing where your brain should be. Take two aspirin and post in the morning.

DrT

For sensitive and loving advice, post to “Ask Dr. T” at LearnToDanceTango.com. Please indicate if you are a Leader or Follower.

• Page 1 of 1