Embellishments - Turning
- Artist Name:
- Carmen de la Jara y Generacion Tango
- Song Title:
- Album Title:
- Carmen de la Jara & Generación Tango Gardel & Piazzolla, inmortales
(Paraphrased from deflamenco.com): Classical flamencos and a fusion of musical cultures.
- There are tons of embellishments you can do in a pivot.
- As in, when you're doing front ochos, or back ochos, or media vuelta.
- And in this video, we're going to show a whole bunch of different ones.
- You can slow it down. you can watch it again and again to get them.
- And then, in the next video, we're going to take a couple of the ones that everybody seems to like,
- That we think are really beautiful, and we're going to explain them in a lot more detail.
- So, there are tons of them. That's front ochos. Here's one that I like a lot for back ochos.
- So, you wouldn't really do it a ton of times over and over. But I did it so you could see it on both sides.
- N: And then, you had some for media vuelta.
D: Oh, for media vuelta.
- N: I'm leading now. Gurr!
D: Yeah, she's leading.
- Or, again.
- Oh, you can't see. New angle.
- D: Or, again.
N: Same angle?
D: Yeah, thank you.
- So, pick any of those you like, and watch for a million times. And then, copy them.
- With embellishments, fundamentally, I think, what is good to remember, is number one - it's not about the embellishments.
- D: So, if you make the embellishment the important thing,
N: Oh, that's so right. This is good.
- Then you miss out on all the other cool things, that are so important.
- On the connection, or on the beauty of the dance, or on the wholeness of your body... Or anything that's terribly important.
- So, I want to speak about that too. It's cool... Women love embellishments. And it's great to do them.
- But you can only do them in such a way that you're not slowing the man down,
- And you're not taking yourself away from him, when you do them.